1. Selectmen’s Items
2. Town Manager’s Report
Superintendent Brent Colbry will give a presentation on the SAD 54 budget.
1. Approve a Cemetery Deed for Rachel York (Lot 154, Full Lot) in the East Skowhegan Cemetery.
2. Approve a Cemetery Deed for Gregory Domareki (Lot 83, 3 Graves) in the Malbons Mills Cemetery.
1. Items by the public.
2. Discussion and decision to approve the Timber Harvesting Contract Extension between the Town of Skowhegan and Sappi Fine Paper.
3. Discussion and decision to allow Denise LeBlanc to go out for bids for Canoes and Kayaks. This will be paid for using the New Balance “Move More Kids” grant funds.
4. Discussion and decision to approve the application for a Malt License for Vurle & Denise Jones of Loon’s Cove Golf Course, 942 Waterville Road
5. Discussion and decision to accept the USDA Summer Food Program grant. There is no match for this grant.
6. Discussion and decision to accept the 2012 Vegetable Garden Grant in the amount of $125. There is no match for this grant.
7. Discussion and decision to accept the 2012 CDBG Public Facilities Grant for the Skowhegan Free Public Library in the amount of $35,472. The Library has matching fund of $22,923.
8. Discussion and decision to accept the DEP 2009 Performance Partnership Grant in the amount of $88,649. These funds will be used for the Whitten Brook Watershed Restoration Project. There is match required for this grant.
9. Discussion and decision to accept the 2012 Bureau of Highway Safety, Seat Belt Grant in the amount of $1,989. There is no match for this grant.
10. Discussion and decision to expend $720 from the Cemetery Reserve Account for Forestry Services.
11. Discussion and decision to expend an amount not to exceed $1,504.25 from the Municipal Building Reserve Account, Opera House Sprinkler Designation for wiring on the compressor and fire alarm cable.
12. Discussion and decision to expend an amount not to exceed $5,969 from the Municipal Building Reserve Account, Opera House Sprinkler Designation to purchase a fire alarm panel for the sprinkler system.
13. Discussion and decision to award the Bush Street/Heselton Street Sewer Replacement Bid to Stetson & Watson with a total bid price of $265,686 and expend the funds as follows – contingent on town meeting vote.:
- Pollution Control Reserve Account, Sewer Collection System Upgrades Designation - $178,000.
- Highway Department Reserve Account, Streets & Sidewalks Designation - $21,843.
- Capacity Reserve Fee Account - $65,843
The following bids were received:
- Stetson & Watson $265,686
- Manter Construction $294,996
- Jordan Excavation $315,746
- American Construction Services $332,508
- Nitram Excavation $279,469
- Gardner Construction $314,239
- C.H. Stevenson, Inc. $391,777
- Sargent Corporation $340,584
- Eastwood Contractors, Inc. $283,403
- R.A. Paradis & Sons, Inc. $282,652
14. Discussion and decision to award the Run of River White Water Park Modeling Bid to McLaughlin Whitewater Design Group with a total bid price of $45,256 and expend the funds as follows:
- $22,628 RBOG Grant
- $12,628 Special Revenue Account, Run of River
- $10,000 Downtown TIF
The following bids were received:
- McLaughlin Whitewater Design Group $45,256
- Kleinschmidt with S2O Design $80,000
- Recreation Engineering $79,910
15. Discussion and decision to approve the Warrant for Town Meeting.
16. Economic & Community Development Warrant to be approved: $2,377.
17. Treasurer’s Warrants to be approved:
- $32,215.21 (Payroll 15)
- $30,018.66 (Payroll 16)
- $14,032.95 (State Payables)
- $875,966.25 (FY 2012 Accounts Payables)
18. Committee Reports
19. Other Business
20. Sign Documents
Adjourn Selectmen’s Meeting.
1. Executive Session in accordance with M.R.S.A. Title 1 § 405 (6)(C). Discussion regarding a contract negotiation.