- Next meeting, Wednesday, Oct. 3, 6 p.m.
- Turkey cooking and picking for pie making, Oct. 17; cooking turkey 7:30 p.m., pickers needed at 11 a.m.
- Turkey pie making, Oct. 18, 9 a.m.
- Hunter's Breakfast, Oct. 27, 4:30 - 8:30 a.m. Baked beans, eggs, home fries, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and pancakes. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and orange juice. Cost: $8 per person; under age 8, free.
- Turkey pie dinner, Nov. 10, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Turkey pie and gravy, mashed potatoes, squash, peas, salad, coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate and assorted dessert pies. Price: $9 per person; under age 8, free.
The club reminds all those that feel the need to ride when there is not sufficient snow for the trails to be aware that the damage has caused three trails to be closed in our area. Sadly, we are searching for a way around these blocked areas. If someone knows of a landowner that might help, please contact the trailmaster so we can try to open these areas up again. As they stand, these will be dead ends. A few example trails are:
- Trail 27 going into Skowhegan in back of Celebration Station from ITS87 on Blackwell Hill Road
- Trail 44 going from Madison to Clough’s Corner
The club is looking for members who can help getting the remaining trails we do have ready for the season. We are also in need of help at the upcoming breakfast, dinner and help to keep our clubhouse open to riders for a break once the snow falls.