Eight public libraries with video conferencing capability will host the event including the Pittsfield Public Library.
The purpose of the Small Business Forum is to build and strengthen relationships with small business, industry, non-profit and government organizations; learn about products and services available to small businesses; and help elevate issues and concerns in a feedback session.
Speakers and their subjects scheduled for the forum are:
- Tools for Trades: SBA Programs & Services to Help Start and Grow Businesses – Maurice Dube, District Director, Maine District Office, U.S. SBA
- Introducing Maine's Small Business Advocate and Regulatory Fairness Board – Jay Martin, Small Business Advocate-Office of the Secretary of State
- Pass-Through Entity Reporting Changes and Corporate E-file – Richard Truman, Maine Revenue Services, Manager, Business Tax Unit
- Workforce Development – Virginia Carroll, Director, Apprenticeship & Strategic Partnerships Maine Department of Labor
- Small Business and Self-Employed Initiatives – Shawn Savage, Internal Revenue Service, Stakeholder Liaison
There will be a roundtable discussion and information sharing after the speakers complete their presentations. This will give attendees/participants the opportunity to elevate issues and concerns and ask questions.
To register, contact Shawn Savage at Shawn.S.Savage@irs.gov (preferred) or call 491-1888
When registering, please provide your name, title, organization name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Space is limited so early registration is encouraged.
(Other participating libraries are the Maine State Library in Augusta, Bangor Public Library, Belfast Public Library, Cherryfield Public Library, Portland Public Library, the Mark and Emily Turner Memorial Library in Presque Isle and the York Public Library.)